This message is profound and yet simple. It is the Essence of the Relationship with Our Creator. Simple and self-explanatory.
Oh, pride! What a stumbling block you are to those who would make themselves truly at home in the Kingdom of God. This song is a humbling and imperative expression for every spiritual sojourner making peace with Jesus Christ.
Matthew 18:1-5 MKJV
(1) At that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying, Who is the greater in the Kingdom of Heaven?
(2) And Jesus called a little child to Him and set him in their midst,
(3) and said, Truly I say to you, Unless you are converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
(4) Therefore whoever shall humble himself like this little child, this one is the greater in the Kingdom of Heaven.
(5) And whoever shall receive one such little child in My name receives Me.
I confess I was a bit bashful to sing this seemingly childish song to adults at first. I needed to deal with myself in pride and say, “Look, you well know the matter is good and true and helpful for you and everyone else who is the least interested in what’s right and godly. What’s wrong with it? What’s wrong with you?! Are you ashamed of the Lord? Do you think you’re too sophisticated, dignified, or ‘mature’ to sing this?
“Why are you afraid of what others may think? Does it matter what they think? Asking in earnest is THE Answer to anyone’s problem or dilemma, isn’t it? Say, perhaps you might be ashamed of the Lord, after all? If you, who professes to believe and love the Lord, are ashamed of Him before His enemies or before any man, friend or foe of His, then Victor, SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU!
“Do you love Him or not? Does He come first or not? Is your love faulty with Him? Is Jesus Christ your God and Lord of all? Do you truly believe that? If so, then why aren’t you eager to shout it out to the world from the greatest platform, anywhere, anyhow, anytime?”
I decided to NOT be ashamed of being like a little child with Him. The very best thing I can do is tell everyone what the very best is.